Pageviews past week

Friday, March 2, 2012

Easy No Yeast Pizza Dough

My daughter loves pizza on Friday nights but I forgot to stop at the store. So I found this great simple recipe for a no yeast pizza dough  that's simple, fast and easy. However, I never follow a recipe EXACTLY so...I added a little fresh Parmesan cheese for flavor. YUMMY!

Ingredients:
2 1/2 Cups Flour
2 3/4 Tsp Baking Powder
1/4 Cup fresh Parmesan Cheese
1 Tsp salt
2 Tbs Vegetable Oil
1 Cup Water

I'm a dump cook so I combined all the ingredients, kneaded the dough for about 10 minutes. Then rolled it out on my pizza stone (Pampered Chef....LOVE EM').  I didn't want to bake it too long since it would cook again once it was fully dressed.



This recipe made one 13" pizza crust.



I baked the dough at 400 degrees until it was slightly brown and doubled in thickness, for about 15 minutes.



                                Cover with as much sauce as you desire (we used Marinara).



Three kinds of Cheddar.

                    Cover with Pepperoni, we're simple pizza lovers, though I do love a good Veggie Pizza. If you notice the little breaks in the crust...that was my daughter who really liked the crust and kept pinching pieces while I was trying to finish and get it in the oven!


                                       Baked at 375 for about 20 minutes or until cheese melts.


This is what we used.


Pizza's ready!


The slices were thick, the dough was tender. The only thing I would change the next time on this recipe is to omit the salt if I use the Parmesan cheese again, we are very sensitive to salt. Otherwise this was a great recipe and very fast. I have one happy child tonight :-). 






Adapted from: Terry H. at: http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,2341,157183-233201,00.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd like to hear from you!