Pageviews past week

Friday, September 28, 2012

PEER PRESSURE.....DON'T GIVE IN!!!!

1 John 4:4
"You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world."
 

My daughter and I had a talk last night about peer pressure. I'm thankful that she still comes and talks to me when something is bothering her (THANK GOD!). Every since that girl was knee high to a tree stump I've always told her, "Don't Follow The Crowd" (even wrote it on the inside of her little lunch box as she began school....with permanent marker, I might add :-).

At her hormonal age some kids are giving into their fleshly desires and most times the consequences of that action is a little individual that will be with them (taking part of their youth) until it's 18 and some a little longer. On a side note to that: There were 6 of us and my Father gave us only "3" choices once we graduated High School and those choices were: 1. Go to College, 2. Get a Job. 3. Or get the H-E double Hockey sticks OUT (lovingly, of course). So...we all took our multiple choice test and did one of the above...my daughter knows she has those same choices.

But...back to the subject....be thankful if you have a kid who talks to you, and if you don't I would encourage you to get involved before it's too late. If you don't, there will be a time when you start trying...and it will be too late.

Children are a gift from God and He gave them to us to love, teach, guide and protect (and on another side note...I ALWAYS keep BAIL money...if you know what I mean). It took us 10 years to have this child and I'm not taking any of those long hard roads for granted. And even if it was easy for you...neither should you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd like to hear from you!