Pageviews past week

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Missing My Mom Today,

 
My visit to the nursing facility Mom was in on my next to last visit with her in July of 2011.
Born May 30, 1935 - October 27, 2011

I loved my Mommie...she was tired of the flashes (as you can see). She was like "Another picture...REALLY?" My sister-in-law was a snappin paparazzi that day...and for that, I will be forever grateful, love you Sis.
 

Don't ask me what I was doing on this pic because "I" don't even know.

Mom was ALWAYS full of laughter and her laugh was completly infectious!

Here she is telling yet ANOTHER one of her OVER exaggerated stories....that's my Mom, very entertaining :-).

She didn't like taking pics without her hair being done...she'd roll over in her grave if she knew I just posted it for the WORLD to see LOL!!

I think at this time she was probably pointing at my Sister-in-law  saying:  "Take one more picture and I'll...", but she ignored her and kept on snapping (Go Natalie! Go Natalie!).

Here I was offering her a drink, HER reply was "Ain't no coodies in that drink is it"?...that's her!

We were all sharing remants of a special cake I made for her birthday and it was SOOOO good!


See....CAKE TIME! She was actually telling me "Teresa, if you eat all my cake I'm gonna kill you"...I ignored her of course! That's what we do...duh?

Here as I sprewed cake for the pic she was saying:... "That's just nasty" :-).

Love my Mom

The ring on her hand was one the 4 of us kids gave her in the early 70's, she wore it almost daily. It's a Mother's Ring with all of our birthstones.....

I was tearfully surprised when I came to bury her and my Sister-in-law handed me her ring with the message "Be sure to give this to Teresa"...I'll cheerish it always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd like to hear from you!