Pageviews past week

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Chocolate Caramel Cappucino Pecan Pie

Decided to experiment with a pie I've never made (this flavor). We all make pecan pies differently and I have an issue with following recipes :-). Thought I'd share this one and you can make it your own by adding things you like. Just remember, baking is a science so don't experiment too much if you're not sure the ingredients will blend well you don't want to waste your money.
"CHOCOLATE CARAMEL CAPPUCINO PECAN PIE"
1 cup dark Karo Syrup
3 tbls good unsalted butter , melted (I use "Plugra", you can buy it at Whole Foods)
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup Ghirardelli chocolate (melted, less if you don't like rich chocolate flavor)
1 tsp Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla
1/4 c packed brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp of strong coffee (I use an Italian blend, they're all good to me)
1 egg
1 1/2 cup chopped pecans
This butter just gives your baking a more rich flavor, you can use any unsalted butter. This cost about $4.99 per 8oz block.
Whisk all ingredients by hand and bake at 350 for about 1 hour 15 minutes in a deep dish pre-made pie crust or make your own. Bake on a cookie sheet just in case it bubbles over. Pie is done when lightly touching center and it barely bounces back. It will completely set after it cools.
Don't be like me and OVER bake it (as I did the very first time I ever made a pecan pie). My Mother thought it was HILARIOUS, no one told me that I wasn't suppose to bake it until the jell part didn't move anymore. I'd only eaten pecan pies AFTER they were set and I thought you bake them until that happens. I think I needed a chisel to break into that pie after I was done over baking it...but, it was still good! :-). I also have a good story about my first "Peach Cobbler" but...that will be for another time.

Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd like to hear from you!