Pageviews past week

Friday, December 28, 2012

Each Day Is A Beautiful Day

"Lord Help Me This Day"
 
Lord, may all I do and say please you in every way;
Let my motives be pure in your sight, that your son may be lifted up today.

May your precious word cover my every thought and reaction,
that this day may unfold to your satisfaction.

Use my eyes to see in man only the good;
Place your guard at my tongue to speak only that it should.
 
Open my ears, Lord, for discernment; use my hands as you will.
Guide my feet along the path of righteousness,
that I may know when to be still.
 
My life is completely yours, Lord, as  I live under your sovereign control; Lord, help me this day, to live your way as your plan for my life unfolds.
-Teresa A. Miles
Published in: "The National Library of Poetry"


I wrote this poem while living in Italy. We were there for six and a half years and it was the most beautiful time of my life. Every day I woke up was just beautiful, the people, the places and I still keep in touch with friends there today.

My child was born there and I was blessed to be a stay at home Mom. Though I did inform my husband that when we had our first child I wouldn't be working the first 3 years, which was a blessing from God because had we not been overseas I probably would have had to work and miss all the wonderful bonding my daughter and I did while there. And so my focus was my child and working for God....that's it. I'll share the wonderful story of my daughter’s birth at another time :-).

My husband grew tired of me almost daily just in awe of the mountains but they had such a majestic look and feel it was impossible for me not to be in awe each day I woke up. Nothing like being awaken at some odd hour in the morning and studying the word and admiring Gods creations, it gave me a wonderful appreciation of who God is and what He could do through me. That is how the poem came to be.

 

"Dolomite Mountains",


 
So remember, even if you’re not in Italy, everyday is a beautiful day because God touched you this morning and woke you up. Some think they wake themselves up but as an old Pastor once put it... "If you think your alarm clock woke you up this morning, go put it in a grave yard, set the timer, and see how many people get up"... LOL! I thought that was pretty "straight to the point". We have no power unless God allows it. And if you stop and truly take a look around you, you'll come to the reality that no "human" could have ever created such beauty because we're always screwing things up sooner or later...and you know, that's the TRUTH :-).
Enjoy your day today for tomorrow is not promised.
 
James 4:13-16
"Come now, you who say, ‘Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a town and spend a year there, doing business and making money.Yet you do not even know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, ‘If the Lord wishes, we will live and do this or that. As it is, you boast in your arrogance; all such boasting is evil"

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd like to hear from you!