Pageviews past week

Saturday, December 22, 2012

LOVE IS TO......

 


So many people at this time of year find themselves discouraged because they feel a lack of love. If you're reading this blog at this time that means YOU ARE LOVED!

The "Holidays" tend to do that to folks because they feel no one cares for whatever reason but for most it's lack of feeling loved and no encouragement. If you don't know who God is I'm here to tell you your only TRUE encouragement will come from God the Father. I got up this morning feeling a little discouraged myself and then I was led to the book of Ezra 3:8. It talked about Zerubbabel, the recognized leader of the exiles. Basically he allowed himself to be dictated by the lack of encouragement. His success depended on the quality of encouragement he received thereby allowing discouragement to get the best of him. I like this quote because it's SO true.

 
 


Remember that last part "Don't Give Up", Satan would have a party this morning celebrating that fact if you did....don't give him the satisfaction. Just remember this if nothing else, man will ALWAYS disappoint you (loved ones, friends, co-workers...etc) because we are made of flesh and blood and that's just the way it is and will ALWAYS be. But if you give God a chance you'll see that HE will never disappoint. Not saying things won't happen in your life that you won't like, or your life will be "Perfect" (there's no such thing) because God uses EVERYTHING good and bad to grow us up and make us stronger and make our lives better. We may not like it all but I tell you the truth, when it feels like my life is failing all around me and people are just bumming me out, there is NO PLACE better I'd rather be than in the word of God. His word always encourages me (and sometimes sets me straight when I'm CLEARLY in the wrong too :-0).

This morning when I awoke discouraged and opened His word, I had no plans to read the book of Ezra, but God brought it to my attention. It's not a "Magical" book, but I just said a little prayer, asked Him to speak to me and there it was. I was allowing the lack of encouragement from man to bum me out...end of story and we've all been there right?

Don't let that happen to you today or anyday....there is always someone you can turn to and always someone who loves you, even a total stranger like me (ahhhhh...that's a poor imitation of Angels singing :-). If you don't own a Bible, you can still call on God to speak to your heart.
 
So be encourged, BIG HUGS))))))!...ahhhhh! :-).

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd like to hear from you!