Pageviews past week

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

O.C.D. V/S K.I.D.

 
 
 My daughter is always telling me "Mom...you're being O.C.D again".
 
Everything on this chart,  I STILL say to my daughter almost on a daily basis at 14. And I'll add to this : "Get your clothes ready the NIGHT before"!
 
I'm not nearly as bad as I was at a much younger age. I knew I had a problem when two things happen after I got married. I cleaned the house so well my husband replied and I quote,  "The house has to at least look LIVED in"! un-quote. Another time was when my In-Laws were visiting and I was in the kitchen making dinner with my Mother-in-Law, she threw something away and a  small drop of food splashed on the lid and I IMMEDIATELY went over to wipe it off...that was an eye opener (and weird)...never did that again and I'm certain she gave me a few looks too :-).
 
 My cousin visited one summer and says "Even though you have a dog (it's a Chihuahua), your house doesn't smell like animals". I just had to laugh at that because I won't have a dog in my house that isn't house broken and they can only go in certain areas of the house. The kitchen, bathrooms and my FURNITURE are off-limits. I know, I know...there are some of you that say "It's their home too"  but for me, if they can't clean up behind themselves...it's not.
 
Now at 50, I've toned it down just a bit where as I don't worry so much about the house being spotless, just clean. So here's a nice retort the next time your child whines about you having O.C.D. Tell them..."Well, I wouldn't have O.C.D. if you didn't have K.I.D (Keep It Dirty) :-).
 
Peace. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd like to hear from you!