Pageviews past week

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Congratulations On Your Retirement Kathleen!


I love it when customers order a cake and then say they don't care how I decorate as long as they get the flavor they want :-)....puts a smile on my face. Though, sometimes I think I have "Over" decoratoritis but...I digress.

I’m really beginning to love Royal Icing String work!
My customer doesn't care for fondant so I made this white chocolate rose/leaves.

I think it's the best one I've ever made, though I don't really follow a pattern, I just cut out petals and make them by eyeing, when I think it's full enough...I stop.  Though I did use an impression mat to get that natural petal look.

I dusted the rose with edible silver dust and did the same with the mini-chocolate truffles I added to her cake. Not too sure about the look of those but...it's all cake!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd like to hear from you!