Pageviews past week

Monday, March 11, 2013

Words....Help or Hurt?

 
Sometimes it takes me a minute when I've hurt someones feelings and other times I know it immediately as the words are coming out of my mouth. I still at times have "tongue" issues since I am also still human.
 
James 3:6 reminds me of how words are like fire and can do un-repairable damage... "The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole  body, sets the whole course of one's life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.
 
I recall reading a footnote in my Life Application Bible and it always comes to mind before I say something I shouldn't ( or after) and that note said:
 
Before you voice your oppinion or make a statement about someone, ask yourself these three questions:
1. Is it True
2. Is it Kind
3. Is it Necessary
 
That "Necessary" almost always shuts me up, I said "almost" always :-)))....think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd like to hear from you!