Pageviews past week

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Baked Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal




This is the absolute BEST baked oatmeal I've ever made! It's not too filling yet satisfying and has just the right amount of sweetness without having to add more. I loved this so much I had it for breakfast and lunch today...it's just that good. Get the complete recipe here from "The Fountain Avenue Kitchen. http://fountainavenuekitchen.com/strawberries-and-cream-baked-oatmeal/. She has some wonderfully healthy and gluten free recipes :-).
 
 

Baked this in a  pyrex glass dish.  I used Almond Milk, 2 tablespoons of good Vanilla, 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh strawberries and 1 cup fresh Blueberries, Grape seed Oil (because it's very light).  I did let it sit in the fridge overnight before baking and mixed the brown sugar in with all the ingredients the night before instead of sprinkling it on top as the recipe suggested.  I used Organic Brown Sugar and Quick Oats.





I baked mine for about 40 minutes and the only thing I added before eating was a little bit of almond milk...DELICIOUS!! No joke, because I normally add butter, milk and sugar to my oatmeal but this one needed nothing additional. It was good just the way it is. Try it :-).






No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd like to hear from you!